There is good news for people having trouble with sleep: listening to soothing music and consuming organic tea can lead to a better night’s sleep.
That’s right, this simple combination can have a big impact on your ability to get the deep sleep you need to feel totally rejuvenated by the morning so you’re ready to take on the day.
How, exactly, can music and tea help you get a better night’s sleep? We’ve got you covered with some helpful information and tips below.
How to Get a Better Night’s Sleep: What Researchers Have Discovered
Studies reveal that music can assist in reducing numerous factors known for getting in the way of sleep (along with stress and anxiety) and encourage physical changes that sustain a more peaceful sleep, which helps in curing chronic sleep problems like insomnia.
In addition to consumption of herbal tea, music-assisted relaxation has been tested to enhance the quality of sleep, according to a report published in the Journal of Advanced Nursing.
Other studies investigating the effects of music on sleep patterns indicate that listening to relaxing and calming music before sleep not only makes you fall into deep sleep but also reduces the chance of waking up during the night due to nightmares. This greatly affects daytime functions, and according to a 2005 study from the journal, music can have a steady and positive effect on sleep, with benefits for sleep quality that increase with time.
What Are Some of Best Teas for a Better Night’s Sleep?
According to The Oprah Magazine, when you sip on certain teas that boast ingredients that are calming, you might find it a lot easier to fall asleep, and to stay asleep. Plus, before you even take that first sip of a delicious tea, you might even discover that brewing your cup of tea is a relaxing experience as well. It might help alert your body and mind to the fact that it is bedtime, and that it is time to wind down, calm down, and get ready for rest.
What are some of the best types of tea that you should be brewing if you want to get a better night’s sleep in a natural way? Well, a few good examples include the following:
- Chamomile tea
- Lemon balm tea
- Lemongrass tea
- Passion flower tea
- Valerian root tea
- Lavender tea
- Peppermint tea
- Rooibos tea
Enjoying these teas on their own, or finding a tea that combines these ingredients, might be just what you need to fall into a more relaxed state that is perfect for preparing your body for a deep and healing sleep.
What Is the Best Music for Better Sleep?
Take the positive effects of the tea you drink to the next level by listening to soothing music while you sip on your tasty, warm beverage. But what are some of the things that you should look for in music that will help prepare your body and mind for sleep? Well, experts recommend the following genres:
- Classical music
- Meditation music
- Contemporary classical music
- Nature sounds
- World music
- Smooth jazz
No matter what, make sure it is music that you enjoy listening to, so you don’t get annoyed while it’s playing. Also, be sure that the music isn’t jarring, and that it is played at a low volume so you can drift off to sleep with ease.
How to Get a Better Night’s Sleep with Music and Tea: Some Additional Tips
- Make your nighttime a more calming experience and enjoy a combination of relaxing music and herbal tea to make the perfect blend of aids for supporting healthy sleep. The conventional practice of drinking herbal tea is based on blending small quantities of complementary herbs, and not a large dose of any one particular compound.
- Preparing herbal tea is quite simple but try using fresh ingredients. When you have fresh herbs available for making tea, the benefit is doubled, as you get a pleasing aroma to soothe your senses. The scent produced from herbs is helpful, as are the characteristics of the herbal tea when it is consumed appropriately. By all means, try to find the best and freshest herbs. However, in case you are only left with dried herbs, don’t worry. They are, in general, equally good for doing what is required to support a better night’s sleep.
- In case your sleeping difficulties are caused by a digestive disorder, mint tea would be the best choice for you. Numerous other herbs have a diverse set of attributes that may prove to be helpful for you, depending on your symptoms.
- When you are selecting music for triggering a better night’s sleep, soft music with slow beats is the ultimate choice. Listening to soothing music is a safe way of falling asleep without having to resort to expensive and costly sleep-aiding drugs.
Give This Strategy a Try!
Both herbal/organic tea and music have been known to improve the quality of sleep and boost the effects of other sleep-aiding techniques. Sleep disorders are known to cause fatigue, anxiety, and also inflammation in severe cases.
It is important to study the relationship between the use of organic tea and music to know what routine works best for your disorder. Either you can enjoy your tea while listening to music to prepare for a good night’s sleep or you can drink it before listening to soft melodies.
It is always a good idea to consult your physician before you consume a particular blend or flavor of herbal tea for a better night’s sleep, in order to avoid any complications later.