Do you find that you have a lot of trouble falling asleep at night? Have you tried other options, such as making your room as dark as possible, avoiding caffeine in the afternoon and evening, and keeping your electronic devices in a different room, but nothing is working? Then it might be time for some soothing bedtime songs that could help you clear your mind, relax your body, and drift off to sleep for a long night of rest. Check out the list of songs below and consider adding these to your bedtime playlist so that you can get a better night’s sleep.
Soothing Bedtime Songs to Help You Get More Rest
- “Come Away with Me” by Norah Jones:First up on your list of soothing bedtime songs is this classic by Norah Jones. This isn’t the only song by Norah Jones that has a soothing vibe to it, so go ahead and add all of your favorite tracks by this talented artist to your playlist.
- “Summer Breeze” by Seals & Crofts:Sometimes a little classic rock is what you need to fall asleep, and a song like “Summer Breeze” has the slow tempo and relaxing vibe that you need to rest your mind and body, making it another great choice when coming up with soothing bedtime songs.
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran:Another popular musical artist today is Ed Sheeran, who has a few tracks that you can put onto your playlist for whenever you are having trouble falling asleep. In addition to this song, for example, you could also try listening to “Photograph” for similar effects.
- “Weightless” by Marconi Union: This is an 8-minute track that has been written to soothe your mind, and its effectiveness has even been proven scientifically. Thanks to its soft chimes, calming rhythm, and beautiful harmonies, this song could be extremely relaxing. Give it a listen and see if it has an effect on you.
- Sleep Music Delta Waves: Relaxing Music to Help you Sleep, Deep Sleep, Inner Peace: Head over to YouTube to gain access to this powerful music that is designed specifically for relaxing your entire body and your mind. So many people have already listened to it to fall asleep and loved the effects. So if you have been dealing with insomnia and you don’t want to listen to songs that have lyrics, this could be exactly what you are looking for.
A Word About the Connection Between Sleep and a Healthy Weight
By now, you might be wondering why you should even bother making a separate playlist packed with songs that can help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Well, did you know about the connection between sleep and a healthy weight? That’s right, it turns out that, when you don’t get enough sleep each night, your risk of gaining weight goes up!
How is this possible? Well, according to WebMD, there are a few reasons why sleeping more may help you weigh less:
- When you’re tired during the day, and you aren’t able to focus as well, you might be more likely to make poor eating choices. And it might also be more difficult for you to avoid giving in to cravings for comfort food. Your cravings for those unhealthy foods are likely to be higher because your body and mind are looking for ways to feel energized.
- Failing to get enough hours of sleep each night may also have a negative impact on your metabolism, and it can also lead to an increase in the amount of cortisol (the stress hormone) in your body, potentially causing you to gain weight. Yikes!
Try These Soothing Bedtime Songs the Next Time You Can’t Sleep!
If you have tried just about everything to help you drift off to sleep at night, but you are still struggling, music could be the answer. Choose soothing bedtime songs that have slow tempos, keep the volume low, and let your mind focus on the music and nothing else. Before long, you will find that you are able to fall asleep with greater ease, as well as stay asleep throughout the night.